First steps after setting up
On your first visit, you should see the first time setup. Fill out the details and login. The next step is to setup your scan directory. Click on the green button, which is on the photo site and fill out your scan directory. After saving your first scan should start.
The basic idea is this:
- For scanning photos that reside in the local file system
- Only the admin user can change the “scan directory” of the users, including that of the admin themselves.
- Normal users cannot change their own “scan directory”
- Only the admin can find the page to control this - under the user icon (top right) >
- For scanning photos that reside in external Nextcloud instances
- Any user can change their own Nextcloud endpoint, and choose a top level directory in the Nextcloud account.
You can also enable automatic scanning of folders. You can read more here.
How to change your scan directory
Click on your avatar in the top right, and go to
Admin Area. On this page, it will show a list of users. Manually set the
Scan Directory for the desired user. Only an admin can do this.
How to start a scan
Click on your avatar in the top right , and go to
Library. Click the green
Scan photos (file system) button.
How to import photos from an exteranl NextCloud instance
If you have a Nextcloud instance, you can also input login details for it in the
Fill out the details for the Nextcloud section. Once logged in (the little circle next to
Nextcloud Scan Directory will be green), you can choose a top level directory in your logged in Nextcloud account. Once this has been configured, you can click the blue
Scan photos (Nextcloud) button. This will copy the contents of the specified Nextcloud directory (excluding videos) to the local filesystem.